Kenneth "Babyface" Edmonds was all smiles because he is the latest to star to be earn a star on the Hollywood Walk Of Fame. "It was surreal," said the 10-time Grammy winner, admitting that he never dreamed he'd see his name cemented on the famous sidewalk. "That was not part of the plan. That's what makes it an amazing thing."
Many Stars came out to support him including L.A. Reid, Stevie Wonder, Khloe Kardasian, Toni Braxton, Usher, and others."I just feel like what Kenny has done musically, and what he's done as an inspiration to people as a role model has really advanced the culture. And a lot of babies were made," said Reid, with a chuckle.
"I had a moment when I was about to cry," said Braxton. "I was so proud of him. Because Kenny is kind of shy. He has a great sense of humor -- a lot of people don't know that about him, and he's very modest. So I know it took a lot of pushing to get him to even commit to this."
Braxton and Babyface have a new project soon to be released. They've collaborated on a deeply personal new duets album, Love, Marriage & Divorce, due out November 25, 2013. The first single off the album is Hurt You, which hit Number 17 on R&B Charts. "He's been my big brother and helping me get through this phase. It's tough," says Braxton, whose divorce from ex-husband Keri Lewis was finalized in July.
"It's been a good thing for Toni because she was needing an outlet," said Edmonds. "I think we found it. She sounds amazing."
Braxton says a lot has changed since they collaborated on her first album. "The irony of this is coming full circle. Because when I first met him I remembered being intimidated, thinking, 'Oh my god, can I sing as good as he needs me to sing?' And now I'm so comfortable. We're back together again. It feels like the first time all over again. It's like being divorced and getting back together. "
Congrats Mr. Babyface you definitely deserve this!!






0 Comments