Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Blanca Padilla for Vogue Spain February, by Matt Irwin




Nine years later, a Spaniard is on the cover of Vogue Spain. We had actresses on the cover, but not models. And that's ridiculous.
Most countries try to support their models by giving them covers. I mean, Sara Sampaio has 3 Vogue covers just because she's from Portugal.
But Vogue Spain refused to do that. Marina Pérez was the last model who was on the cover. As I said in my Vogue covers post, some models could have used the help. Both Sheila Márquez and Alejandra Alonso were rising stars once, and a Vogue cover would have helped them with their careers. But they only got a couple of eds. 

However, Blanca is different. Her career management is brilliant so far. And this cover is a big example.
After walking for VS, she became very popular in Spain. I mean, as popular as a HF model can become. Spain is not your country, if you're looking for a place where people love fashion.  But everyone knows about VS, and Blanca walked that show.
Giving her a cover is very smart. It's going to sell very well, I know that.

I love Blanca, but I can't say this cover is amazing. It's decent, and eye-catching, but it has many flaws. 
The editorial is also quite underwhelming. I expected more.
My favourite shot is the one where's she's wearing Prada. But the way they retouched the pictures annoys me. She's white as a ghost and I don't know why.
There is a video of the making of where you can see her posing, and I know they had better shots to use for this ed. They didn't use the pictures they shot on the streets of Milan, and I bet those would have looked way better.

Happy for Blanca, though. But they could have done something better.