Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

A Full Moon And Happy Days



Sitting at the end of another glorious day. Wall to wall sunshine. Wonderful. I always worry when we have been blessed with such weather in April. Payback time is just around the corner. Will it be constant wind, monsoons perhaps or just more fog.

The weekend excelled itself. Two swims were achieved. Definitely the earliest swim for me ever. Youngest son took out his new inflatable paddle board for its maiden voyage. Most impressive. When not in use it folds away neatly  into a canvas bag. The water was a trifle on the chilly side but at the end of the afternoon it had warmed up sufficiently to prevent total frost bite happening. I don't do wetsuits and the whole family declared that I was stark staring bonkers. Nothing new then .  From now on it can only get warmer.



Yesterday was a birthday. I like to swop the digits round when they are suitable numbers, so only 26 this time. I was spoilt by my local ladies in the neighbourhood. Prosecco and then cake. Can't be bad at 11 in the morning. After a spot of spring cleaning we drove to the west of the island for dinner 'en famille' . Always lovely. On the way back a huge moon shone over St Aubin's bay.



Today I got to test run one of my presents. A very non stick Le Creuset pan. Made stir fry cooking super easy and as for washing up, a breeze. Little things keep me happy :)



Tomorrow I need to get some of my seedlings potted on or into the ground. I feel a little overrun by them. I'm hoping they will be sorted before our imminent holiday. Youngest son is going to have a lot of plant nurturing while we are away. Fingers crossed he finds the watering can. On the plus side my cats always tell him when they need feeding. If he has any doubt where their food is, they always line up by the food cupboard.

Oh well shopping lists to write, food shopping needs to be done for Easter. Somehow that holiday has snuck up on me very swiftly. Hope you are organised too.

Barbara xxx

Post a Comment

0 Comments