Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

French Vanilla ~ (a shop I love)

I've written about French Vanilla before...
the lovely French themed gift shop in the Oak Bay area of town.
I pop in every month to pick up my copy of Jeanne D'Arc magazine and to peruse what is new and exciting.

There are lovely linens, soaps, scarves, accessories and an array of home decor items.
She also stocks and sells Anne Sloan Chalk Paint and is planning to have classes on how to refurbish furniture by using this paint. There is no prep work involved so it saves oodles of time and the results are quite remarkable.
Sheila has a great eye and her shop is full of enticing and tempting items.
If you live in town you really must pop in and check out her wonderful wares.


                             I love black and white and this pillow is well made...



I love the pattern and it's perfect for my kitchen bench seat.

The pillow is hand made locally by a retired woman who loves to sew.
It turns out our children went to school together and I remember them having after school play dates and driving them on school field trips.


She has used a different fabric pattern for the back 
and she made some beautiful fabric covered buttons using the same print as the front.

The pillow is filled with a down insert and is plump allowing comfort at my back.

~ ~ ~

Recently I have been getting a LOT of spam on my blog.
I am not sure what that means in the whole scheme of things
perhaps it is because I do not have word verification enabled 
or perhaps it's because I have been getting more traffic to my site.
(which I do like!)

In any event it is rather tedious deleting these comments and not all of them go into the spam filter.
I am wondering how many of you would be reluctant to comment if I were to enable word verification?
When I comment on other blogs often the verification slows me down as the numbers are blurry.
My eyes are not what they used to be even with glasses!

So reader what is your opinion?
~ ~ ~
Aside from spam dinner is a weeknight special
 a pot roast simmering on the stove, 
potatoes are boiling waiting to be mashed 
and I need to prepare the peas.

Leftovers for Mr. HB's sandwiches tomorrow and maybe even dinner Friday night!

The week feels extra long...
work has been a struggle
I'm a wee bit grumpy.

The city has been digging up our road as there are two new houses going in across the street on the corner
and the storm drains needed upgrading so our driveway was the target zone...
the jack hammering shook the house 
 the cats were startled, 
the windows rattled, 
knick knacks vibrated and skidded on the shelves
there is a big hole out front right now 
 it should be filled in soon and then we can park our vehicles in our regular spots
the gravel driveway 
and in front of our Humble Bungalow.

How has your week been?



Post a Comment

0 Comments