Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Inspired


I have a tendency to redo my inspiration board at the beginning of every new year. I find that after awhile, I stop seeing the things that were inspiring me previously.


It's time for a fresh perspective. Who doesn't need that sometimes? There is something about making the change that re-energizes my creativity. And since I plan to make this my most creative year...it seemed like a good excuse.


I take down everything that was on there previously, and gather up new colorful, inspiring bits. A couple of things from the past year might make it back but they will get moved which makes them somehow feel new.


Often when I'm finished, I'm surprised with what I end up with. For instance, this year I was quite surprised with the color scheme that came together when I wasn't paying attention. I'm not really focused on the big picture while I'm working but rather, I'm just grabbing something pretty that looks even prettier next to its pretty neighbor. Add in the occasional inspiring quote and when you are done you have a little spot to recharge your creative batteries. Just what a very visual girl like me needs.


 Whether it's a big bulletin board, pictures taped to a wall or things pasted into a book, I hope you have a place to tuck away things that inspire you. As much as I love pinterest, there is no substitution for the real thing.


Thank you all for your encouragement and loveliness on my last post. It meant a lot to me and brought me fresh tears and comfort over and over again.

Post a Comment

0 Comments