Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Fenris Stone Walls

Quite awhile ago I ordered some Fenris 28mm dry stack stone walls for my Mordheim table (see the Kodsticklerburg link to the right). I never got around to using them however for our Battle of Denbigh Green game I needed some to go around the Ziterdes Mill House. So I did a bit of a rush job on them; all they got was a primer coat with GWs Grey Seer spray and a home made black wash. They actually looked pretty good but I wanted a little more variation in the stone.
I picked out about a third of the stones with Americana's Shale Green (one of my favourite colours for stone) and 3 or 4 on each side and on top with Americana's Pebble and Ceramacoat's Charcoal.
I thinned the with a mix of Golden's Acrylic Flow Release and water; this worked especially well the darker charcoal.
These are the nicest stone walls I have painted. I like them so much I just ordered some more: a couple more straight sections, some more curves and some corner pieces so I don't have the dead end corners you can see in the pictures. Great texture, clear definition between the stones and the casting was very nearly perfect.

Post a Comment

0 Comments