Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Peacocks And Dragonflies

 

A mellow week, drifting along with our usual pursuits. A little bit of baking, lots of walking and the usual volunteering. Throughout the week the garden has been visited by a beautiful Peacock butterfly. Clearly he is residing nearby and daily comes to gather pollen from the perennial wallflower. When he isn't visiting, a pristine red admiral takes his turn too. Intriguing how these beauties only last a few days although both these species are known to hibernate and turn up next year, rather worse for wear. It's amazing how often I have seen Peacocks this year after several very poor years.

On my walk around the butterfly field I was inundated by small white butterflies and very little else. Looking up at the already prolific hawthorn I spotted some kind of dragonfly. I'm sure one of my kind readers will give it a name.

On a totally different subject I have been struggling with the new Blogger platform. The worrying thing is that it defaults to the new version every time I log on and I get the feeling the days of Legacy Blogger are reaching an end. Whenever I put up a new post on new Blogger it doesn't appear in the reading list. I'm not sure if you are having the same problem and I wonder whether I need to alter any settings. I am going to post this with new blogger and see if any of my readers can see it on their reading list. Maybe It's just me or maybe it takes longer to appear. Perhaps you may have some suggestions for me. I'll leave it a few days and if no one visits I will repost using legacy blogger. I have tried to get help with this issue but have had no luck from Blogger.

Anyway enough of my drivel I will leave you with more butterfly photos and some rather nice chicks we saw the other day when blackberry picking.

Have a lovely weekend,

Barbara xxx














Post a Comment

0 Comments