Well as promised in my post last week "Opening the Cupboard Door" I have made a start on the old minis in the box.
First up is Citadel's Adventurers' Wagon. If you recall it did look like this
But it finally has got a coat of paint 28 years after I bought it -
"Oh Bugger! I seem to have taken a wrong turn somewhere!"
All good Dungeon Adventurers need a cart to take away their hard won loot from their latest dungeon. So when Citadel released this model back around 1984 I knew I had to get it for use with the AD & D Campaign I was running. And for many adventures, it would appear on the table, to show when the Party were on the move. But it was always either in bare metal or with the half-hearted attempt to start painting it as shown in the first photo.
I did debate whether to try putting reins on the model between the Wizard's hand and the horses's harness, for about 30 seconds and then decided against it. After all he's a Wizard and can just cast a Spell on the horses to obey his commands (actually that's probably a Druid Spell!)
I thought painting the Wizard's Hat and Tunic a light blue would help break up the monotony of all that brown on the cart, the goods and the horses.
"Now Horseys, don't drink from that water!"
(First attempt at using the Vallejo Still Water Effects)
Some of my new Mininatur tufts which were acquired at the Carronade Show
"A Wizard is never late. He arrives exactly when he means to"
(but maybe not always in the right place)
The sign post is a spare part from the Citadel Plastic Giant kit.
And the barrel of ale, purely for medicinal purposes only, of course!
But there's no point of having a Cart if you don't have any Adventurers to take it places, so next post should be of the Female Adventurer

0 Comments